The Audubon YMCA Swim team competes in the Schuylkill Valley Aquatic League (SVAL). There are two types of swim meets that we will compete in: Dual Meets and Championship Meets.
IMPORTANT: The most important part of a swim meet is your attendance. It is assumed that all swimmers will be attending each meet. If you CANNOT make a meet, it is extremely important that the coaching staff knows. No-shows hurt the team! After reviewing the meet schedule, if you know in advance that you cannot attend a meet(s), please email Coach RC.
Dual meets are meets when we compete against one other team in our league. These meets are held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Swimmers may swim up to four events in a meet. Every swimmer will get to swim at least one event. The number of races per swimmer and the numbers of events that a child swims is a coach’s decision based on the skill level of the swimmer and on the needs of the team in a competitive meet. A delicate balance must be reached between trying to win meets and using a swimmer to his/her best advantage.
At the end of the season, there will be three championship meets. Our swimmers will compete again swimmers from all teams in the league. Additional information regarding championship meets will be provided during the season.
Before the Meet
- Make sure you have your team suit, shorts, sweatshirt, goggles, cap, and AT LEAST 2 towels. Make sure your name is on everything!
- Please make sure to get to the pool at least 15 minutes before warm ups starts. Please find a coach and let them know you are there at soon as you arrive.
- Warm up is not optional. If you do not warm up, you may not be eligible to swim in the meet
During the Meet
- Do not leave the deck during the meet. Swimmers should sit with their team, not their parents.
- Make sure to cheer for your teammates when you are not swimming.
- Pay attention to the deck moms at all times.
After the Meet:
- Be sure to gather up all of your things BEFORE you leave the deck.
- Throw away any trash you might have.
- END OF MEET: No one is to leave before the team cheer at the end, unless the coaches give permission
Order of Events by Age:
- 8 & Under Girls / Boys
- 10 & Under Girls / Boys
- 12 & Under Girls / Boys
- 14 & Under Girls / Boys
- 18 & Under Girls / Boys
Order of Events by Stroke:
- Medley Relay
- Freestyle Relay
- Relays: 1st Place – 7 Points
- Individual Events:
- 1st place – 5 points
- 2nd place – 3 points
- 3rd place – 1 point
Volunteers make it all possible
Swim teams and meets are organized and run by very dedicated volunteers. Without their dedication and hard work, we would not be able to operate as a swim team and serve our community. Our swim parents - donate their time, energy and expertise at every level to provide these opportunities our local youth. Whether you are an experienced timer or a new parent, this section will help you find your place as a supporter of the Eagles.
We do require team member families to volunteer to support the team at meets but, try to make it as fun and entertaining as possible. The Dolphins will be using an online volunteer management system to aid in the coordination of volunteering.